Ridgewood Apartments (1966)
The Ridgewood, located on Ridgemede and opposite the apartment house of the same name, developed from a long and hard-fought, though entirely civilized battle between the association and the owner, Thomas Mullan of the Mullan Construction Company. In 1958, Mr. Mullan proposed a forty-apartment building with thirty parking spaces and two doctor’s offices at the Linwood end of the building. Construction required a change in zoning if the association did not agree to the proposal. After nine years of proposals and counter-proposals, of zoning threats and complaints about the eyesore created by the ten vacant property, the association eventually agreed to thirty apartments and no commercial offices.