History

The Scottish Rite Temple (1932)

3800 N. Charles St.

The Scottish Rite Temple

3810 N Charles Street 

A large estate was located at this site in the 1880’s.  It was moved cater-corner across the street and remains there to this day at 3901 North Charles Street.

After the mansion was moved, the Scottish Rite Temple was built on the original site.  It was designed by American architect John Russell Pope, in collaboration with Clyde and Charles Fritz.