History

Gardens of Guilford

230 Stony Run Lane Building contains (34) Condo units that are two and three bedrooms.

Gardens of Guilford

The Gardens of Guilford were originally named The Campagnia by architect Clyde N Friz who designed and built the apartments in a distinctly Mediterranean appearance and style.  They were situated in a secluded, almost hidden enclave of the neighborhood.  They were designed to complement the neighboring Italian Renaissance-style buildings, The Tuscany(1918) and the Lombardy (1915) also designed and built by Clyde Friz.

The buildings changed their names several times during the past century.  They were the named the Garden Apartments, then the Gardens of Guilford Apartments. In 1981 the Gardens became condominiums.

               This is an early rendition of The Campagnia apartments as they appeared in The Architectural Record of  February 1922, pp. 160-162.  While the name did not remain, many features indeed did remain until today.