History

First Church of Christ, Scientist

First Church of Christ, Scientist

The First Church of Christ, Scientist, 102 West University Parkway (built 1912)

The building is designed in the classical style of a Greek temple.  The church was first established in the 1890’s in Baltimore and the growing membership needed a new church building. The new church on University Parkway has a seating capacity of about 1,000. The First Church of Christ, Scientist holds regular Sunday services and a Sunday school for children aged two to twenty.  The Reading Room is located in the nearby Rotunda.