Paradise Mill located within the boundaries of Tuscany-Canterbury
In 1799, Paradise Stone Mill sat by the stream from a mill pond south of Cold Spring Lane and West of Charles Street Avenue. Paradise Mill stood on what is now Linkwood Road a few yards North of the intersection with Stoneyford Road. The 1798 tax list called it a “thunder gust mill,” suggesting that in ordinary weather, there was not much water; only a thunderstorm could bring enough flow to make it a powerful stream.
There were four grist mills along the Stony Run,three of them in operation at the same time. The Paradise Mill changed hands many times but there is no record of its eventual abandonment. All that remains of that era is a millstone marking the entrance to the Linkwood Apartments, located on the Western bank of the Stony Run.