100 Tuscany Road, Benesch Home (1924), converted to apartments (1960)
The yellow stucco house on the corner of Tuscany and Canterbury Roads was built in 1925. The architectural style of the house is Spanish Eclectic, reminiscent of Clyde Fritz’s Garden Apartments on Stony Run Lane. The name of the architect is not known but Frank Benjamin is a reasonable guess. The house was built for Jesse Benesch, a purveyor of modern furniture. It belonged to a family of means, with servants, a butler, and a whole room for the Skinner pipe organ, later donated to the Christ Lutheran Church on Sollers Point Road.